We can hardly wait for tomorrow's Top Chef Chicago finale episode, and as serious fans of the show, we think it deserves a proper send-off. And by that we mean food, of course. Below, we've put together a menu dedicated to our favorite food show and our (personal) favorite city.
Here in Chicago, we're rooting for hometown chef Stephanie, so we were tempted to create our entire menu around her dishes. But our favorite contestant has been gracious to her fellow chefs in the kitchen this season, so we decided to follow her example and spread the love around. And yes, that includes Lisa.
We simply can't say goodbye to Top Chef Chicago without revisiting the very first challenge: pizza. Our chefs got to know each other while making their own interpretations of Chicago deep dish:
- Unfortunately, Stephanie's Pizza with Melon, Tomato Sauce, Goat Cheese and Prosciutto didn't get high marks (although she came back strong to be the first episode winner with her Duck a L'Orange).
- Richard's Peach Taleggio Pizza with Sweet Tea Sauce, however, was a hit.
- Lisa's Asian BBQ Duck Pizza looks pretty tasty too.
We think any of those would be great in a thin-crust version (on the grill, maybe?). Or, try one of our favorites:
- Sara Kate's Grilled Potato Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Pizza
Last week, in part one of the finale, the contestants headed to Puerto Rico to finish the competition. If you're in the mood for something tropical, and feeling a little ambitious, try one of these dishes from the final three:
- Richard's BBQ Pork Shoulder with Braised Greens
- Stephanie's Pork and Shrimp Fritters or Seared Tuna Tostones
- Lisa's Citrus Braised Pork Belly (Points for short ingredient list and simplicity!)
Dessert has been the downfall of many a Top Chef contestant, but we thought this season's chefs stepped it up. (No cake mixes here):
- Richard's Banana Scallops with Banana Guacamole