We can hardly wait for tomorrow’s Top Chef Chicago finale episode, and as serious fans of the show, we think it deserves a proper send-off. And by that we mean food, of course. Below, we’ve put together a menu dedicated to our favorite food show and our (personal) favorite city. Here in Chicago, we’re rooting for hometown chef Stephanie, so we were tempted to create our entire menu around her dishes. But our favorite contestant has been gracious to her fellow chefs in the kitchen this season, so we decided to follow her example and spread the love around. And yes, that includes Lisa. First Slice We simply can’t say goodbye to Top Chef Chicago without revisiting the very first challenge: pizza. Our chefs got to know each other while making their own interpretations of Chicago deep dish:
- Unfortunately, Stephanie’s Pizza with Melon, Tomato Sauce, Goat Cheese and Prosciutto didn’t get high marks (although she came back strong to be the first episode winner with her Duck a L'Orange).
- Richard's Peach Taleggio Pizza with Sweet Tea Sauce, however, was a hit.
- Lisa’s Asian BBQ Duck Pizza looks pretty tasty too.
- Sara Kate’s Grilled Potato Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Pizza
- Richard’s BBQ Pork Shoulder with Braised Greens
- Stephanie’s Pork and Shrimp Fritters or Seared Tuna Tostones
- Lisa’s Citrus Braised Pork Belly (Points for short ingredient list and simplicity!)
- Richard's Banana Scallops with Banana Guacamole