This season so far
has been pretty dramatic, however last night's episode actually featured someone quitting, sacrificing herself so another chef wouldn't have to go home. Be we'll get to that later.
For the Quickfire Challenge brought to you by Bailey's Irish Cream, the chefs were asked to create an original Bailey's cocktail as well as a snack or bite to accompany it. Some of what they came up with follows:
• Caramel Bailey's, Bushmills, Guinness Foam and Candied Rim, accompanied by a Cherry Ice Cream Sandwich
• Original Bailey's mixed with Rum, Vodka, and a Vanilla Bean, accompanied by Grilled Beef, Crème Fraiche Fondue, Nutmeg and Chocolate
• Bailey's Hot Chocolate with Godiva Liqueur and Heavy Cream and to go with it an Eggnog French Toast topped with Apple Rosemary and OnionsFor the Elimination Challenge, the chefs were divided into two teams and asked to create hors d'oeuvres for Los Angeles Magazine's Christmas party. Ted Allen from Queer Eye stepped in for Gail Simmons and the guest judge was Lee Hefter of Spago Beverly Hills.
The Orange Team decided to make over a dozen different little bites including:
• Pickled Mussels with Apple Molasses Mignonette
• Roasted Vegetable Terrine with a Red Pepper Coulis
• Confit of Pork Shoulder with Tomato Marmalade
• Chorizo and Egg Tostada
• Beef Tenderloin with Blue Cheese Cauliflower
• Cinnamon Croissant Bread Pudding with Two Chocolates and Almond Cream
The Black Team made only four different canapés:
• Smoked Salmon Canapé with Avocado Mousse
• Seared Scallops with Ginger-Grapefruit Marmalade in Endive Leaves
• Fillet Mignon and Lobster Canapé
• Strawberries with Rosemary Mascarpone and Pancetta
So who do we think was going to go home before the quitter stepped up? Did we all miss Gail? And wasn't Stephen Aspirino from season one supposed to be in this episode? Did I miss him?