I admit we are a little obsessed with pizza, here at The Kitchn. It's so easy and it's so delicious too. And we are currently obsessed with perhaps the best way to bake a great pie, aside from a professional pizza setup or real woodburning oven (come on, how many of us have one of those?). Your grill.
You will get a terrific crust on a grill, and on an extra-hot grill it bakes up in a flash. Bonus: It doesn't heat up your kitchen.
If you want to try a pizza tonight or this weekend, here's everything you need, starting with the crust.
It's All About the Crust
• Thin Crust Pizza - No rise needed! Whip it up and bake the pizza straight off.
• Perfecting Pizza Dough - If you have time for an overnight rise, try this recipe from bread guru Peter Reinhart.
• And if you're really stretched for time, just pick up a lump of dough at the supermarket or Trader Joe's.
Next Comes the Sauce
• DIY Pizza Sauce - Simple recipes for tomato sauce and white sauce.
• Sauce Tip from a Pizza Pro - Two tips from Brandon and Molly of Seattle cult favorite Delancey.
• 6 Alternatives to Tomato Sauce - Want to skip the sauce completely and switch it up? Try one of these.
Do you have a favorite set of pizza toppings, or some secret tricks to get the perfect crust?
(Images: Faith Durand)