Heat dome, heat wave, heat attack — we don't care what you call it — it is just way too hot! Has cooking become a challenge for you? An effort? We'd like to help. Yes, the heat has wrapped its sticky fingers around us, but food can be a relief as well as a chore in the heat. Here are 22 recipes that all offer nourishment and deliciousness, and that will cool you down, too.
There are simple sandwiches that won't heat up your kitchen, and cold, crunchy slaws. There's an indulgent no-bake cake, and cold peanut noodles that are perfect for lunch. There's a creamy avocado breakfast pudding, and Campari popsicles too.
These are just a few of the things we crave in the summer heat — recipes that help us stay cool and still enjoy the kitchen. We'd love to hear about your favorite recipes and ideas for hot weather eating. What do you make when it's just too hot to cook?
POPSICLES & SWEET THINGS
• 1 Boozy Campari Citrus Pops
• 2 Melon with Lime-Chile Syrup
• 3 No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
• 4 Coconut and Mango Rice Pudding Pops
• 5 Avocado Breakfast Pudding
• 6 No-Cook Overnight Steel-Cut Oats
• 7 Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt Cups
• 8 A Green Tea Shake for Hot Days
• 9 Iced Coffee
• 10 Aguas Frescas
SANDWICHES & SALADS
• 11 Oregon Summer Panino
• 12 Farmer's Lunch Sandwich
• 13 Mexican Sprout Slaw
• 14 Crunchy Peanut Slaw
LUNCH & DINNER
• 15 Chilled Buttermilk Soup for Hot Summer Days
• 16 Cold Peanut Sesame Noodles
• 17 Soba Noodles with Wilted Bok Choy
• 18 Broccoli and Feta Pasta Salad
• 19 Dill and Yogurt Chicken Salad
• 20 Slow-Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
• 21 Slow Cookers to the Rescue! Heatwave Carnitas
• 22 Vegetable and Mint Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce
OK, your turn. What's your favorite thing to cook and eat in this weather? How do you stay cool and inspired in the kitchen?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)