A waffle iron doesn't have to be a unitasker that takes up precious kitchen cabinet space — think of it instead as an easy-to-use griddle that cooks things on both sides at the same time and turns them into crispy handheld treats.
Breakfast or brunch waffles are an obvious choice for this small kitchen appliance, but it can do so much more. In fact, you can start your day with hash brown waffles, use it as a sandwich press for lunch or dinner, waffle up some cookies or brownies for dessert, and even reheat pizza slices in it for a late night snack! Here are 8 surprisingly delicious ways that will give you an excuse to put that long-forgotten waffle iron back in your cooking rotation.
1. Belgian Brownie Waffles - Edible Perspective
2. Hash Brown Waffles - Cherry on My Sundae
3. Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese - Real Simple
4. Biscuit Waffles - Melissa's Cuisine
6. Waffled Falafel - Food Network
8. Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies - Fine Cooking