If you live on the East Coast, you've likely enjoyed a (creepily) mild winter this year. And as if it wasn't nice enough to leave the snow boots tucked away for the season, spring has sprung early. This means fresh spring asparagus is already popping into farmers' markets. Hooray! Read on for six ways to use the brilliant stalks for dinner this week.
1. Recipe: Goat Cheese and Chive Gnocchi with Asparagus: Homemade gnocchi AND crisp, fresh spring asparagus? Sign us up!
2. Momofuku's Pan-Roasted Asparagus with Poached Egg and Miso Butter: This dish has become a classic for Momofuku and with good reason -- the creamy poached egg makes a side dish into a meal, and one with such satisfying flavors!
3. Meyer Lemon Grain Salad with Asparagus, Almonds and Goat Cheese: Toss sauteed asparagus with this heathy and delicious spring salad brightened with a burst of Meyer lemon juice.
4. Top Chef-Inspired Recipe: Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Orange Pizza: Orange zest, goat cheese, and hazelnuts on a pizza? As long as asparagus is included, we're happy to try!
5. Recipe: Spring Lemon Risotto with Asparagus and Fiddlehead Ferns: Capture the season with this perky risotto -- and the ideal excuse to give fiddlehead ferns a try!
6. Recipe: Pork Stir-Fry with Asparagus and Sugar Snap Peas: Ideal for stir-frying, asparagus cooks up quickly and adds a great element of color to your dish.
Related: Quick Tip: How to Trim Asparagus
(Images: Leela Cyd Ross)