Well good news, you've stumbled upon a wealth of information. If there's one thing we love around these parts it's fresh farmer-supplied (or home grown) vegetables and fruits. That said, we greatly dislike wasting them and go to great lengths to use up every last bit. Here are a few ways you can tackle the job in your home.
GREAT INFO ON PICKLING FROM THE KITCHN
• Pickling Basics: Tutorials, Recipes & More
• Cooking Basics: Very Easy Pickling
• The Art of Preserving from Williams-Sonoma
• A Visit with Amy Pennington: Gardener & Preserver
GREAT INFO ON FREEZING FROM THE KITCHN
• How To Blanch Vegetables
• Blanching Veggies with the Lid On or Off: Does It Make a Difference?
• How To: Freeze Zucchini
• The Easiest Way to Preserve Tomatoes: Freeze Them!
• The Do-Not-Freeze-These-Foods List
Related: How to Get the Most Out of Your CSA
It's Reader Request Week at The Kitchn! This post was requested by COTT0073.
(Image: Emily Ho)