The heat was no match for us last year. We were in the kitchen with lobster rolls, sticky rice, and a bevy of no-bake desserts. These, plus tips for reducing your food waste and some unexpected help for large-batch canning, after the jump.
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Get your lobster on with these summer-tastic lobster rolls.
• Eating for $31 for 31 days? Believe it or not, it can be done!
• This almond dew is terrific in cocktails and summer spritzers.
• What do to if you've fallen into a cooking rut.
• Could there be a better way to end a dinner outside than with a cherry lambic ice cream float?
• Here's how to line your pans with parchment to make lifting those trays of brownies and bars a snap.
• Can you even imagine this kitchen as a galley?
• A staple of Thai restaurants, mango sticky rice is surprisingly easy to make at home.
• Check out this list of ten easy ways to reduce our food waste.
• Mmm...a bowl of steamed mussels and a pint of beer for dinner.
• Open shelving, middle island with oven, bar perch for guests: is there anything this awesome kitchen doesn't have?
• Here's our best method for trimming up a whole mess of green beans in no time.
• Try a cake banner next time you don't feel like getting out the piping kit!
• You never know what will come in handy when you start a big batch of canning.
• A peek at New Orleans from a mixologist's perspective.
• No oven required: our 25 favorite no-bake summer desserts.
A Year Ago and a Week: IKEA Cinnamon Rolls & Louis Armstrong's Blue Kitchen