They all really emphasize, though, that things should be easy on a new mom. She probably doesn't have the time or emotional energy to cook extra side dishes, or to repackage food for the freezer. Make everything super-easy!
• Read the whole article: Dinner deliveries help nourish new Portland moms at The Oregonian
Do you have any tried-and-true tips or meals that you like to take to new moms? My own personal favorite is a big tube of homemade cookie dough, wrapped for the freezer.
More on Cooking for New Moms
• On Cooking For a New Mom and Dad
• Meals for New Moms: Make Lunch!
• What Food Should I Bring (Long-Distance!) To a New Mom?
• Do You Know a Good Website for Coordinating Meals?
(Images: Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan; Beth Nakamura/The Oregonian)