This piece interviews quite a few moms, asking them what was helpful and what was not, in those early meals just after having a baby. Many of the tips are familiar: One-handed foods to eat while nursing are great, and don't forget about other kids in the family and their tastes.
They all really emphasize, though, that things should be easy on a new mom. She probably doesn't have the time or emotional energy to cook extra side dishes, or to repackage food for the freezer. Make everything super-easy!
• Read the whole article: Dinner deliveries help nourish new Portland moms at The Oregonian
Do you have any tried-and-true tips or meals that you like to take to new moms? My own personal favorite is a big tube of homemade cookie dough, wrapped for the freezer.
More on Cooking for New Moms
• On Cooking For a New Mom and Dad
• Meals for New Moms: Make Lunch!
• What Food Should I Bring (Long-Distance!) To a New Mom?
• Do You Know a Good Website for Coordinating Meals?
(Images: Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan; Beth Nakamura/The Oregonian)