Sent by Monica
Editor: Let's look at the things that it sounds like you can have: eggs, nuts, grains, beans, meat, non-citrus fruits, and vegetables other than corn. I'm probably missing a few foods in there, but I think those are the biggies!
With this list in mind, I'd recommend looking at grain salads with chickpeas and beans and lots of vegetables, soups (which have the added advantage of freezing well), stir-fries with rice and meat, and lots of snacks of fresh fruits. And of course, just about any dish is improved with a poached egg on top!
Here are a few recipes to look into:
• Black-Eyed Pea Soup with Andouille and Collards
• Roasted Red Kuri Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
• Rice and Mixed Greens Salad with Dates, Cashews, and Chickpeas
• Halibut, Spinach, and Tomatoes in Foil Packets
• Green Beans with Almond Pesto Under an Egg
Readers, do any of you have experience with eating well while following an elimination diet? Any good recipe suggestions?
(Image: Nealey Dozier )