The approach of spring has us dreaming of warm-weather grilling and our favorite cookout staple, hamburgers. Zagat's Chef Secrets series recently shared a one-finger trick from Bobby Flay for making the best burgers.
First he recommends handling the meat as little as possible when forming the patties, which should be uniformly sized and about ¾-inch thick. Then comes the trick: after shaping the burgers, he uses his thumb to push a depression into the center. This helps keep the patties from bulging as they cook, which reduces the temptation to press down on the burger while it grills. The resulting patty is well-formed and juicy. Sounds good to us!
• Check it out: Chef Secrets: Bobby Flay On Making The Perfect Burger - Zagat
Do you have any tips for making the best hamburgers?
More tips & recipes for the perfect burger:
• Recipe: Old-Fashioned Juicy Burgers
• How to Cook the Perfect Burger
• How To Build A Better Burger
• Good Question: How to Make Soft Hamburger Buns?
• Expert Advice: 4 Tips for Building a Better Veggie Burger
(Image: Flickr member pointnshoot licensed under Creative Commons)