We've offered a lot of suggestions on caring for tomatoes over the years, and these are some of the best. If you want recipes for using fresh, ripe tomatoes, click here.
• For starters, know where to store your tomatoes. (NOT in the fridge, but maybe on your dining table?)
• You can buy an All-Clad Tomato Slicer, but the easiest tool is really a bread knife.
• To give them a bit more dimension, roast them under the broiler before chopping them up for a recipe.
• Or skin them for a pretty salad.
• Got green tomatoes in your garden? Here's how to ripen them or use them as they are. Our favorite: fried green tomatoes.
• If you have a surplus, here's some encouragement for preserving them in jars.
Any more secrets for choosing, handling, or storing tomatoes? Add them to the list.
Related: Kitchen Gallery: Red Like a Tomato