What you need is food that provides sustained energy, which means a good balance of proteins, high quality carbs and healthy fats.
Solutions after the jump!Here’s a list of food ideas for the cook. It includes items made ahead, quick snacks and things that can be purchased from the grocery store while shopping for the meal:
• Multi-grain toast with avocado and hard-boiled egg (pictured)
• Multi-grain toast with peanut butter
• Salad of canned tuna, canned chickpeas or white beans, parsley, celery and a zippy vinaigrette
• Trail mix with lots of almonds and/or walnuts (and a little chocolate)
• Carrot sticks
• Store bought sushi from the grocery store
• Ready-made lentil or bean soup from the grocery store
• Beef jerky
• Chicken or ham and cheese rolled up in lettuce leaves
Please post your own suggestions below so we can all get cooking for the big day!