One of the best ways to start your week off right is to cook a big pot of grains, like quinoa. You can eat it with fruit and yogurt for breakfast or with veggies and sauce for lunch and dinner. And it's so easy to make a quick pot of quinoa. Watch our 15-second video to see how — you'll have method memorized by the end!
How To Cook Quinoa
To make about 3 cups cooked quinoa: Rinse 1 cup quinoa under running water. Put in a saucepan and add 2 cups water or broth. Bring to a boil then cover and lower the heat. Cook on low for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Done!
→ More on cooking quinoa: How To Cook Fluffy, Tasty Quinoa
Recipes with Quinoa
- Quinoa with Chickpeas, Asparagus, and Fresh Peas
- Sweet and Crunchy Quinoa Salad
- Black Bean And Heirloom Tomato Quinoa with Lemon Dressing
- Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Chili
- Golden Quinoa Salad with Lemon, Dill & Avocado
→ Video by David Lee Studios for The Kitchn