Ready for our top five favorite moments in this week's New York Times dining section? Ready, set, here we go...
- Garlic, garlic scapes, green garlic, spring garlic... We love garlic, and so does Melissa Clark. We have to try her green garlic soup with chives and thyme.
- Wedding planning! There's a rush of weddings in California, and we loved this inside look at politics, gay marriage, and the good old-fashioned dilemma of what to serve your wedding guests. Some things just transcend culture and politics!
- Sweet, sweet apricots ...and old varieties, new tastes.
- Mexican popsicles The Minimalist does banana paletas.
- Dusk, Midsummer, and Champagne What a sweet image, and a sweet Champagne to go along.
Related: Last week's Times Top 5: Meat Gives Way to Veggies
(Images: Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times)