1. Melissa Clark makes four kinds of bread. Along with the cranberry rolls, above, there are cheddar and scallion biscuits, anadama bread (a new one for us), and corn and black pepper crackers. She also has a new baby—congratulations!
2. Desserts that freeze well. A bunch of great tips on which pies and cakes do well in the freezer and how to re-heat them properly.
3. An easier alternative to a whole turkey. Bittman braises turkey parts.
4. Should you brine your turkey? Harold McGee doesn't. Here's why.
5. Things you don't know about cranberries. Not all of them are harvested in flooded bogs.
(Image: Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times)