What's in the Times dining section today? Well, let's find out. Here are our top picks from today's dining section. We have two words for you: smoked peaches.
- Smoked peaches with rose veal Smoked peaches! Fascinating and delicious. Don't miss the companion article about a historic herd of cattle just saved from the brink of extinction.
- Genovese basil A shoutout to one of our favorite varieties of basil, including sources in the New York City area.
- Lavender instead of thyme This really grabbed us; the Minimalist makes pasta with lavender! We have quite the thing for lavender in desserts - but in pasta (and lamb)? Must try!
- Teenage burritos grow up A gift of burritos from a Alex Witchel's son's friend. The best late-night teenage meal revisited.
- Supper clubs Not quite eating out - not quite eating in. Have you ever participated in a supper club?
Those were our favorite bits; how about yours?
(Image: Susana Raab for The New York Times)