- Sweet tomato jam No cans needed - in fact, fresh tomatoes are essential. Sugar is needed too, or else it's just tomato sauce. This looks delicious!
- Mocktails good enough to drink Pregnant? Avoiding alcohol? Well, you won't be alone if you serve these mocktails from Melissa Clark; even hardcore vodka drinkers will want to try these refreshing mocktails. There's a generous bunch of recipes too - at least seven.
- New kosher grocery Even if you don't live in Brooklyn, even if you don't keep kosher, this article is still interesting. It's a look at a whole other world of food products.
- Striped figs from California Just gorgeous.
- Grownup mac and cheese Lobster in the mac and cheese? Yes please.
(Image: Evan Sung for The New York Times)