- Melissa Clark's slow-cooked green beans We adore green beans that have been slow-cooked; we have a similar Greek-style recipe here. We can hardly wait to try Melissa's version! It doesn't hurt that grilled sausages are also involved.
- Chapati on the grill This was a close runner-up for our favorite. Mark Bittman shows how to cook the classic Indian chapati bread on a grill.
- Good coffee roasting in Brooklyn Stumptown Coffee Roasters is coming to New York! Good news for all who love fresh-roasted beans.
- Succotash! Fresh lima beans are in season.
- George Washington...distiller? The Founding Father's distillery has been reconstructed and reopened.
What were your favorite parts of the Times dining section?Cold, Cold, Cold! (Oh, Stuffed Chard Too)
(Image: Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times)