- The Times' illustrious tasting panel skips beer and liquor for... soft drinks? The best root beers in the land - on tap here.
- The blender's back in the spotlight Most bartenders loathe the blender and its lineup of fruity, silly drinks. But a few bars are bringing back blended drinks that are worth a second sip.
- A pattern for sours from the Minimalist Mark Bittman helps us master a basic pattern for nearly every classic cocktail you can imagine.
- Croque-Monsieur! But it's not all just drinks - there's good bar food too, including the ultimate sandwich to pair with drinks.
- Aged beer? Cellars - they're not just for wine, apparently!
(Top image: Tony Cenicola for the New York Times)