We find that most rotisserie chickens from the store are well-seasoned and juicy. If we need a bunch of shredded meat for a dish and are in a hurry, a pre-cooked chicken is one of the best shortcuts around. Plus, we can use the leftover carcass to make stock.
We've covered a similar topic before, in this post: Eight Ways to Use Leftover Chicken. There are some great ideas in there, but we also wanted to revisit the subject matter since we're spending the month concentrating on Quick Weeknight Meals.
You can throw chunks of roasted chicken in anything from soup to burritos. We think it works especially well in pasta dishes and easy chicken salads.
A few ideas from our archives:
• Bean Burrito Wraps (add some chicken for extra protein)
• Barbecue Chicken and Macaroni Salad
• Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
• Italian Chicken Salad Pasta
• Big Green Salad with Dates, Chicken, Smoked Almonds, and Goat Cheese
But really, we want to hear from you. How do you use store-bought roast chickens in your house? What are your most creative ideas?
Related: From the Files: Roast Chicken!