A gift of spices for mulled wine and cider, Rena Tom's lovely grey kitchen, a great tip for cushioning holiday food gifts in the mail, and ten favorite tea towels. Plus, the difference between braising and stewing, a quick dinner of pasta with creamy tomato sauce, money-saving meat-buying tips, a hot pink homemade wedding cake, and ten techniques every cook should know.
• Beautiful idea for mulled cider spices, a little gift.
• Rare Device shop owner Rena Tom's lovely grey and white kitchen in San Francisco.
• Eleven winter salads to eat right now. Lemony kale, beets, fennel...
• The best way to store mushrooms.
• A winter favorite: Meyer lemons.
• Clean and modern recipe templates.
• Five real kitchens from our archives.
• An adorable recipe box.
• Another DIY wedding cake. Hot pink!
• Buy bone-in meat to save money.
• Ten techniques that every cook should know. Do you?
• See the entire archive from December 7-16, 2008
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Vegan Appetizers, Duck Magret, and Homemade Hot Sauce