Once you start using fennel in the kitchen, you'll realize how versatile it is in many of your favorite dishes. It's little-bit-spicy licorice flavor brightens up even the most ho-hum salad greens and adds snap to citrus salads, chutneys, even desserts.
If you're not familiar with how to slice and chop fennel, here is a nice: Video tutorial
Now that we're all on the same page, let's try a few recipes! Here are five recipes covering every course, from soup to salad to main dishes and dessert. We hope there's enough inspiration here to get you grabbing for a bulb next time you're at the market.
• Shaved Fennel Salad - 101 Cookbooks
• Zucchini, Fennel, and White Bean Pasta - Eating Well
• Fennel and Sausage Risotto - Food and Wine
• Spiced Squash, Fennel, and Pear Soup - Eat Live Travel Write
• Fennel Panna Cotta with Grilled Strawberries - Washington Post