• Who wrote it: Angel Adoree
• Who published it: Mitchell Beazley
• Number of recipes: 130
• Recipes for right now: Brandy Snaps with Rhubarb Syllabub, Elderflower & Orange Afternoon Teacake, Pimm's Iced Tea, Sticky Chicken Skewers with Pea & Watercress Soup, Thyme Punch
• Other highlights: This is a follow-up to Adoree's The Vintage Tea Party Book and like that work, it's brimming with vintage style and British sensibility. Twelve parties are presented here, loosely one for every month of the year and every life milestone. There's a Children's Tea Party, Coming of Age Tea Party, Bachelorette Party, Wedding Tea Party, and Mom-To-Be Tea Party, as well as celebrations for holidays like New Year, Valentine's Day, and Christmas. For the guys, there's even a Gentlemen's Tea Party.
Each chapter begins with a beautifully designed invitation and thank you card that you can photocopy from the book or download from Adoree's Vintage Patisserie website. These are followed by elegant and fun recipes often based on British classics like Victoria sponge, Pimm's Cup, Eton Mess, scones, jellies, and rarebit. In addition to the food, each chapter has tutorials for themed fashions and crafts like hairstyles, decorations, hats and gloves.
Even if you don't throw your tea parties exactly as Adoree has laid out, her book is an inspiring example of how "throwing a fabulous party is about creating a vision and bringing it to life."
• Who would enjoy this book? party hosts, vintage style lovers, Anglophiles
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: The Vintage Tea Party Year by Angel Adoree
• Visit the author's website: Vintage Patisserie
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emily Ho)