We're juicing, you're juicing, your neighbor and your dog sitter and your barista are all probably juicing. Yes, juicing definitely feels like the"it" thing right now, doesn't it?! Well, if you've been getting into the juicing groove and are starting to look around your kitchen, thinking "What can I juice next?" then let me direct your attention to this new book of juices. The Ultimate Juice Book has over 300 recipes for juices, shakes, and smoothies — and if that's not enough to keep your blender going for the next few months, then I don't know what is!
• Who wrote it: Sterling
• Who published it: Sterling
• The angle: If it's a plant or a vegetable, you can juice it.
• Number of recipes: Over 300
• Recipes for right now: Grenadine, Grapefruit, and Lemon Juice; Anti-Flu Punch; Radish and Herb Cocktail; Beets, Parsnips, and Celeriac Juice Shots; Mocha Shake with Cinnamon; Mango and Cardamom Lassi; Figs, Walnuts, and Vanilla Soy Smoothie; Pomegranate Smoothie; Kiwi Fruit and Lemon Smoothie
• Other highlights: I like that this book covers the basic nutritional information about the fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients you'll be juicing, but then really steps back and lets you just have at it with the recipes. Personally, I'm not into juicing for detoxing or cleanse dieting purposes — I just like the option of having juice in my diet and I like knowing a bit about the nutritional thinking behind some of the combinations.
For those of you who are curious about a juice detox, there is a section at the end of the book with guidelines for a 3-day detox. It looks like an easy and manageable entry into this kind of program.
Bottom line: this book has lots and lots and lots of ideas! They're simple combinations — most with no more than a handful of ingredients — but the sheer variety of recipes will ensure that you never get bored.
• Who would enjoy this book? Juicing fanatics, juicing newbies, and the juicing curious.
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: The Ultimate Juice Book
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.