Everyone seems to be in a spooky Halloween spirit this year! There is a lot of fabulous inspiration for Halloween tricks, treats, menus, and parties around the blogosphere, and we're rounding up some of our favorites here. Whether your taste runs to old-fashioned and wholesome, or to the seriously creepy, there's something for you here. Here's a look over some of the guides and menus assembled by some of our favorite magazines, websites, and bloggers.
- Amy Atlas - An entire table of inspiring treats and not-too-creepy decor from blog darling Amy Atlas.
- Amy Atlas - Check out recipes for more Halloween treats on Amy's blog; she has witch hat desserts and stained glass Halloween cookies up there now.
- Gourmet - The tragically moribund Gourmet goes out with a couple of great menus for Halloween goodies. Try the menu that includes this devils food cake with a spiderweb, or some of these grownup desserts for a spooky soiree.
- Martha Stewart - Martha outdoes herself (as always!) and has a full-on spread for 30. This pumpkin bowl is particularly charming.
- Better Homes and Gardens - A "ghoulish Gothic Halloween" full of good ideas for serving food in creepy ways, like this birdcage cheese platter and customized bottles.
- Better Homes and Gardens - More great ideas from BHG, this time for a more old-fashioned (and family-friendly) party.
- CHOW - Here's a sexy vampire spread from CHOW, with great food that happens to be non-cheesy, like Barbarossa Punch and bacon-wrapped squash bites. (With a toothpick-stake through their heart...get it?)
- Country Living - Country Living's massive Halloween archive includes these great table settings. Also check out their amazing medieval Halloween.
- Eddie Ross - Eddie produced a massively impressive Halloween Block Party for HGTV last July, and he's giving sneak peeks behind the scenes now. We especially like this cider and doughnut station, and the spooky crudites.
- Bon Appetit - Cute cupcakes from BA's Halloween guide. Also check out their bleeding cupcakes.
What's been inspiring your Halloween party plans this year?
More Halloween party inspiration from The Kitchn:
• Spooky, Scary Wines to Spice Up Your Halloween Party
• Serve This Cheese for Halloween: Morbier
• What's a Great Appetizer for a Halloween Party?
• Halloween Recipe: Thomas Keller Oreo Bat Cookies