We're talking all things preservation this week, so while you're readying a batch of pickled vegetables why not mix a little of that vinegar into your next drink or cocktail as well? A roundup of shrewd shrubs to wet your palate await.
Drinking vinegar is back in vogue and it's not just because its distinct zing can curl your mustache. Mixing a tinge of vinegar into your drink or cocktail can add some complexity and savory overtones that may just have you coming back for more.
Try some of these recipes below and see if this shrub's for you.
Shrub and Soda
• 1 How to Make a Shrub Syrup - The Kitchn
• 2 Elderberry Shrub - The Kitchn
• 3 Blood Orange Shrub - Food in Jars, via The Kitchn
• 4 Black Raspberry Shrub - Food in Jars
• 5 Ginger Switchel - The Kitchn
Shrub and Liquor
• 6 Fennel Apple Rhubarb Shrub and Summer Breeze cocktail - Reclaiming Provincial
• 7 Beet and Lemon Shrub Cocktail - Martha Stewart
• 8 Mint Champagne Shrub - Southern Living
• 9 Peach and Bourbon Shrub - Oh So Beautiful Paper
(Images: Emily Ho)