We're on a banana roll today at The Kitchn! Hello there, banana bread scones? We just can't stay away from bananas for long. In fact, bananas are one of my favorite things to eat. They're always around, quite inexpensive and delicious — treats with no fuss and no mess. You don't even have to treat bananas in any special way for them to be tasty — but they only get better when you tap into their sweeter side.
Cupcakes are ever so popular right now (and well, can you think of a time when they weren't?). Throw a banana into a cupcake and caramelize one on top — that sounds seriously delicious to me. A fun twist on a traditional dessert is the Banoffee Danger Pie from Brooklyn Limestone. It's extremely easy to make and would be a total crowd pleaser.
Bananas can go into many different desserts and here are five that I recommend:
• Banana Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting, Cookies and Cups
• Banoffee Danger Pie, Brooklyn Limestone
• Caramelized Blueberry Cupcakes, Haniela's
• Banana Cream Pie, Lick The Bowl Good
• Banana Split Bites, Moms By Heart
(Images: as linked above)