Today caps off a wonderful week featuring fall vegetables on The Kitchn. And a very fitting end to that week would be a turn to the sweet side of one of our favorite fall vegetables: squash.
We're excited about this line-up of fall sweets because it moves beyond just your run-of-the-mill pumpkin pie or pumpkin ice cream into terrain cloaked with nutmeg sauce, maple cream cheese frosting and brown sugar cream. So now that you've found your inspiration for dinner recipes featuring fall vegetables, it's time to think about a new seasonal dessert you just can't wait to try. We have a feeling you'll find something here.
• Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting - Honey and Jam
• Pumpkin Apple Crumb Cake - Everybody Loves Sandwiches
• Pumpkin Pie Bars - Joy the Baker
• Pumpkin Pie Biscotti with Cardamom and Pistachios - The Patrician Palate
• Pumpkin Pudding Cake with Fresh Nutmeg Sauce - The Naptime Chef
Other Squash Recipes:
• Blueberry Zucchini Bread - Shutterbean
• Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Sage, Thyme Frosting - Vanilla Garlic
• Sweet Kabocha Squash Ice Cream with Spiced Pumpkin Seeds - The Food Network
• Squash Cheesecake Bars - Eating Well
• Kabocha Squash Cake with Brown Sugar Cream - Epicurious
Related: Celebrate Fall's Arrival: 5 Recipes With Pumpkin
(Images: Joy the Baker and Shutterbean)