In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: The New Yorker's long, in-depth look at the the rise and fall of açaí. Plus, are specially-raised meats safer? And is fat the new nicotine?
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Online Ingredients for Success - Wall Street Journal
• GOP proposes cuts to domestic, foreign food aid - AP
• Olympia garden program raises food, self-esteem - Seattle PI
• A New Crop Of Consumers - TIME
• Feces in imported food a rising concern - Vancouver Sun
• China food choices reshaping world markets - Washington Post
• Lab-Grown Meat: Food of the Future? - ABC News
• Experts: Specially-raised meats no safer to eat - WRAL
• Fat is the nation's new nicotine - Seattle Times
• The rise and fall of açaí - The New Yorker
• Read more of today's food news and blogs at Food News Journal or subscribe to their daily email.
(Image: Food News Journal)