In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A fun piece on the origins of some common food phrases. Plus, the Scots reclaim the Golden Spurtle, a look at the current level of government spending on food stamps, and a food fight in Australia.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Food firms get kids to do the talking - Forbes Advocate
• Alain Ducasse's Weapon Against Poverty: Cooking Classes - TIME
• Food stamps keep climbing - The Christian Science Monitor
• Midnight grocery runs capture economic desperation - USA Today
• Scotland wins back world porridge prize - thanks to innovative Spoon - Scotsman
• Study finds causes of Colony Collapse Disorder in bees - The Telegraph
• Talk of the town turns into a food fight - Sydney Morning Herald
• On This Farm There Was Animosity - NY Times
• The trend: prohibition cocktails - Financial Times
• The Origins of 10 Food Phrases - Mental Floss
(Image: Food News Journal)