Have you become acquainted with Biscoff (or Speculoos) cookies? They're a warmly-spiced biscuit-type cookie that's wonderful with coffee or tea. And now many companies have turned the favorite treat into a spread. (Some call it "cookie butter.") You know what that means, right? Speculoos brownies, cookies and cakes are starting to reveal themselves from every corner of the internet. We couldn't be happier.
The popular cookies originated in Belgium and the Netherlands and are less spicy than gingerbread but perhaps a touch sweeter. They pair nicely with chocolate, so it only makes sense that many bloggers and recipe developers would start to come up with their own versions of decadent desserts featuring the now popular spread.
Find Speculoos Spread: Biscoff
Try a Recipe:
• Speculoos Swirl Brownies (pictured) - Oh, Lady Cakes
• Lemon Speculoos Layer Cake - Desserts for Breakfast
• Speculoos Blondies - Tasty Treat
• Frosted Speculoos Cookie Bars - Butter Me Up Brooklyn
• Chocolate Loaf Cake and Biscoff Glaze - My First Mess
Related: Sweet Cookies in a Jar: Speculoos Spread
(Image: Oh, Lady Cakes)