We have to give a quick shout-out to David Lebovitz for spreading the love of prunes far and wide. Three of the recipes below were either written by him (the prune-Armagnac ice cream and duck with prunes in red wine) or adapted from a recipe written by him (prunes stewed in port wine). And there are even more prune recipes to be found on his website. He's a man after our own prune-loving hearts!
SWEET PRUNE RECIPES
• Prunes Stewed in Port Wine
• Brandied Prune and Chocolate Chunk Cookies
• Prune, Cherry, and Apricot Frangipane Tart at Gourmet
• Far Breton at Bon Appétit
• Prune-Armagnac Ice Cream at the LA Times
SAVORY PRUNE RECIPES
• Braised Goat Shanks with Prune, Shallot, and Brandy Reduction
• Duck with Prunes in Red Wine at David Lebovitz
• Sweet Potato Gratin with Prunes at Food & Wine
• Roasted Chicken with Prunes and Armagnac at Food52
• Oven-Roasted Prunes Wrapped With Pancetta at the San Francisco Chronicle
Are you a fellow prune fan?
(Image: Faith Durand)