A year ago this week there was a lot of activity on The Kitchn! Read on to see some of the posts from a year ago, including spring pudding cakes, instructions on how to clean and care for a bamboo cutting board, why bad wine is called "plonk," how to make cucumber water, and a great dinner recipe with chicken and shallots.
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Why is bad wine called plonk?
• A crunchy, colorful salad: kohlrabi slaw.
• The Knork - fork and knife in one?
• A simple refreshment as the weather warms up: cucumber water.
• A recipe for calzones: eat them now, or freeze for later.
• A fresh, sweet dessert trend for spring: pudding cakes.
• Eric Ripert cooks a meal from the 99-cent store.
• Fun tabletop dishes that look like landscapes.
• A favorite recipe: Chicken with Shallot-Apricot Sauce
• How to clean and care for bamboo cutting boards.
These are just a few of the posts published a year ago this week; you can see the whole archive here.