Book club update: We're going to take suggestions through Sunday night and announce the final pick on Monday morning. Click through to see some of the books we're considering and other readers' ideas as well. Add your own or register support for something on the list - we're all ears...
Welcome to The Kitchn's book club (and thanks to our green sister site, re-nest, for the inspiration.)
We'll select books that reflect our mission: they might be biographies, books about food politics, or even cookbooks that have a narrative element (end of the month potluck, anyone?). Titles might be new, or they could be classics.
Leave your suggestions for titles below in the comments, but first click through for some ideas we have around the office. We'll pick the book this weekend, and post the title on Monday. A post will appear once a week as a forum to discuss that week's chapters.
Don't worry, there won't be any tests, but there might be some free books.
Here are some of our ideas: register your support for any of these titles, or make your own suggestion for something else in the comments below.
• In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan
• This Organic Life: Confessions of an Urban Homesteader by Joan Dye Gussow
• An Omelette and a Glass of Wine by Elizabeth David
• American Food Writing: An Anthology with Classic Recipes edited by Molly O'Neill
• Serve it Forth by MFK Fisher
• Home Cooking: A Writer in the Kitchen by Laurie Colwin
• My Life in France by Julia Child