This past May, we did something really fun that we had never done before: We ran a whole week of posts that were prompted by reader requests. That's right — every single post we wrote had been requested, in some way, by a reader. It was so interesting to see what our readers asked for! Here's a look back at 10 posts from that week, from buttery yellow cake, to a crash course in wine, and what to eat when you get home from the gym, to tips for managing your time when cooking for a party. And let's not forget about vegetarian meals to satisfy even Ron Swanson...
• 1 How to Make Popovers
• 2 Fried Rice to BBQ Chicken Pizza: 10 Recipes to Make Take-Out Foods at Home
• 3 A Crash Course in Wine: 30 Posts To Help You Understand Types, Words & Pairings
• 4 Successful Side Dishes: 6 Elements to Consider When Matching a Main Dish
• 5 Banana For an Egg: Vegan Substitutions for 8 Common Baking Ingredients
• 6 23 Homemade Breads to Fit Any Schedule
• 7 Party Tip: How to Manage Your Time Like a Pro on Party Day
• 8 Recipe: Basic Yellow Butter Cake
• 9 Refuel After a Workout: What to Eat When You Get Home From the Gym
• 10 Cooking Diabetic-Friendly Meals: 4 Tips and a Recipe From an Expert
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)