We know that many of you have small kitchens, and space is at a premium. Any tool that comes into your kitchen has to earn its place. So as we poke and prod, and test and review kitchen tools throughout the year, we're looking for the ones that will really be worth the money (and the cupboard space). Here are 20 tools we reviewed this past year, with all their pros and cons.
Photos have captions with links to the relevant posts.
• The Classic Wave Knife from Wüsthof
• FoldTuk Collapsible Roasting Pans and Bakeware
• Calphalon Unison Nonstick Sauté Pan
• Rösle Can Opener
• The Element Grill by Fuego
• Chef'n Switchit Dual Ended Long Spatula
• GelPro Kitchen Mat
• Chef'n SleekSlice Mandoline
• Breville Variable Temperature Kettle
• Emeril Pro Cutlery Knives
• Breville Smart Oven
• New West KnifeWorks
• Prepara's Tabletop Oil Mister
• Pros and Cons of the Fisher & Paykel Dish Drawers
• Pop-Up Sponges
• Cuisinart Elite Die-Cast Food Processor
• Corningware Pop-In Mug
• Full Circle Home's Dishwashing Tools
• Stainless Steel Compost Pails
• Undershelf Baskets to Fit Any Cabinet
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.