The Kitchn Cure Day 9: Thursday, August 21
Assignment: Clean your small appliances. (See all the assignments so far here)
Sign Up: Sign up here for The Kitchn Cure
This is the last cleaning assignment for this week, friends! You've really gotten down and dirty these last few days, but give it one more push today and all the major stuff will soon be behind you.
Before we get to today's task, though, here's something that should cheer you up: remember on Monday when you sorted through your small appliances and got rid of the ones you don't need or use? Well, that means you have fewer things to clean today. Score!
Estimated time: 1 to 2 hours
1. Clean your other appliances, big and small: You've already cleaned the refrigerator, freezer, oven, and stovetop; now it's time to clean the dishwasher (if you have one) as well as any other small appliances, like the toaster and KitchenAid mixer, that have gotten dusty, greasy, or have dried food bits on or in them. The following tutorials will help get you on your way:
2. Shine and buff all stainless steel: If you have stainless steel appliances, you know they're prone to showing watermarks and fingerprints. But there's an easy way to get that stainless steel looking nice and shiny again. Follow our step-by-step tutorial → How To Clean Stainless Steel Appliances with Vinegar and Oil
3. Start thinking about restocking: You've cleared out and cleaned up a lot in your kitchen this week, and maybe you've realized along the way that you could really use a larger food processor, or a new stock pot. Think about it now, because that's what we're doing tomorrow!
The Kitchn Cure Liveblog
Follow the progress of The Kitchn Cure in a real live kitchen in our liveblog:
Join The Kitchn Cure!
SHARE YOUR PROGRESS
- Questions, comments, pictures? Email us at email@example.com
- Follow and show your progress on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter! Make sure to use the #kitchncure hashtag.
(Image credits: Bethany Nauert; Stoffer Photography for The Everygirl; Gina Biancaniello; The Kitchn)