The Kitchn Cure Day 8: Wednesday, August 20
Assignment: Clean your stovetop and range hood. (See all the assignments so far here)
Sign Up: Sign up here for The Kitchn Cure
If you cook every day, your stovetop inevitably gets dirty. Spills and splatters are a natural part of cooking. You may be in the habit of doing a quick wipedown after every use, but sometimes you just need to dig in and give the whole stovetop a thorough cleaning. The same goes for your range hood, if you have one, and that hood filter. (Never cleaned that before? No problem — we'll tell you how.)
Today's Assignment (estimated time: 1 hour)
- Clean your gas stovetop: Follow our step-by-step tutorial → How To Clean a Greasy Gas Stovetop with Just Soap and Water
- Clean the gas stove grates: Follow our step-by-step tutorial → How To Clean Enameled Cast Iron Stove Grates
- Alternatively, clean your electric stovetop: Follow our step-by-step tutorial → How To Clean a Glass Electric Stovetop
- Wipe down the range hood: Take a soapy wash cloth and wipe away the grease and dust build-up on your range hood or fan.
- Clean the range hood filter: Follow our step-by-step tutorial → How To Clean a Greasy Range Hood Filter
- Relax and pour yourself a drink! You cleaned the oven yesterday, and the stovetop today. You deserve a treat, so go get one!
The Kitchn Cure Liveblog
Follow the progress of The Kitchn Cure in a real live kitchen in our liveblog:
Join The Kitchn Cure!
SHARE YOUR PROGRESS
- Questions, comments, pictures? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow and show your progress on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter! Make sure to use the #kitchncure hashtag.
(Image credits: Leela Cyd; Gina Eykemans; The Kitchn)