The Kitchn Cure Day 18: Wednesday, September 3
Assignment: Clean the countertops and backsplash. Sweep and mop the floors. (See all the assignments so far here)
Sign Up: Sign up here for The Kitchn Cure
After three weeks of cleaning, decluttering, and (we imagine) still cooking in your kitchen, your kitchen floor is probably in desperate need of a good mopping. The same goes for the countertops. When was the last time you cleared them off completely to get to that spot beneath the utensil crock and behind the cutting boards? That's what we're doing today, friends.
Today's Assignment (estimated time: 1 hour)
1. Clean the countertops: Take everything off your countertops, including all utensil crocks, trays, bowls, and cutting boards, then clean your countertops edge to edge and corner to corner! Use the following tutorials as a guide:
2. Wipe down the backsplash: Take a soapy dish cloth or scrub brush and wipe away any splatters or grease spots on the backsplash.
3. Sweep and mop the floors: Get out the broom and mop and give your kitchen floors the cleaning they deserve! Need a new mop? We have a few mop recommendations here, but alternatively, you could just clean the floor with a sponge. (It's not as crazy as it sounds!) After your floors are clean and shiny, you may want to consider putting down a floor mat for comfort and color. Check out Emma's review of the GelPro floor mat, as well as my pick for the perfect kitchen throw rug.
The Kitchn Cure Liveblog
Follow the progress of The Kitchn Cure in a real live kitchen in our liveblog:
Join The Kitchn Cure!
SHARE YOUR PROGRESS
- Questions, comments, pictures? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow and show your progress on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter! Make sure to use the #kitchncure hashtag.
(Image credits: Leela Cyd; Faith Durand; Laure Joliet; The Kitchn)