When the Kitchn editors and writers travel abroad, it's clear what our focus will be: the food. We can't resist the local markets and grocery stores, the specialty ingredients, dishes, and experiences that give us a sense of the area's cultural and culinary history. From Mexico to Israel, from Argentina to China, here's what we saw and tasted on our travels abroad this year:
• 1 A Taste of Israel: Photos from a Food Tour
• 2 A Food Tour of Israel: Machne Yehuda Outdoor Market in Jerusalem
• 3 Scenes from a Venetian Market: Fondi di Carciofo (Artichoke Ends)
• 4 What Are the Best Kitchen Souvenirs To Buy in Italy?
• 5 A Visit to the Rialto Market in Venice, Italy
• 6 A Peek Into Parma, Italy
• 7 Fresh Finds: Scenes from a Turkish Produce Market
• 8 Mexico Through the Avocado Lens
• 9 What I Learned from Traveling with a Group of Wine Writers in Chile and Argentina
• 10 Soup Dumplings & Peking Duck: Snapshots From China
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)