Our breakdown of the top five best (and worst) foods to eat while reading, below. What are yours? Best
- Bite-sized pasta - You eat this primly, with one hand and a fork, leaving the other hand free for the book.
- Soup - Most soups are one-hand affairs.
- Crackers, cookies, and carbs in general - But beware. Not only do they get crumbs in your pages you will also eat too much while reading.
- Hard pretzels - Bite-sized and non-messy.
- Cheese plate - Chris says this seems properly snobby for a nice read fest, good with port and a pair of slippers. Also, easy to eat. Port, Stilton, and pears, all cut beforehand into bite-size pieces, go well with a deep read in the evenings.
- Big burritos- These take concentration and skill to eat without making a mess - forget about turning the pages.
- Most sandwiches - Also two-hand affairs. If you have a book stand, though, these can still be OK.
- Complicated salads - Too much work; you're always having to look down at your plate.
- Soft pretzels - Too greasy.
- Popcorn - Also too greasy, and distractingly noisy.