Cooked sweet potatoes are great on their own as a side dish, perhaps drizzled with a little butter and sprinkled with herbs. I make a big batch and then add them to frittatas, pastas, soups, salads, pizza, and casseroles all week long. A container of roasted sweet potatoes never goes to waste in my fridge.
When buying them, look for tubers that look plump; avoid any that have withered tips or shrunken spots along the length. They are best stored in a dark, cool place at room temperature (or slightly below), and will keep for several weeks. The skin is edible, but can have a rough texture so I usually peel it off before cooking.
Sweet Potato Recipes to Try:
• Sweet Potato, Ricotta, and Arugula Flatbread
• Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps with Caramelized Onions and Pesto
• Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage and Eggs
• Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Chili
• Sweet Potato Souffle with a Twist
What are your favorite ways to eat sweet potatoes?
(Image: Graphic Design/Shutterstock)