- 7/7 — Submission Forms open.
- 7/14 — Selected entries will begin to be posted. Readers may respond by choosing their favorite entries. Readers may mark as many entries as they like as favorites during this period. Readers may mark each entry as a favorite only once.
- 7/21 —Submission form will close and no entries will be accepted after 12:00:00 NOON ET.
- 7/29 — The initial round of selecting favorites will close at 12:00:00 (noon) ET. Reader favorite feedback on the entries will be tallied and the 4 entries receiving the most favorite votes will be named the finalists and will move on to the final reader vote where the grand prize winner will be determined. An International winner will also be determined at this time through reader favorite feedback.
- 7/30 — The final round featuring the 4 size division finalists will be open for voting.
- 7/31 — Voting in the final round will cease at at 12:00:00 (noon) ET. Votes will be tabulated and checked.
- 8/1 — Grand Prize Winner will be determined and announced.
- We're collecting entries from July 7 until July 21, 2014. Submission forms will close and no entries will be accepted after 12:00:00 (noon) ET on July 21. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Selected entries will be posted beginning July 14. Readers may respond by choosing their favorite entries. Readers may mark as many entries as they like as favorites during this period. Readers may mark each entry as a favorite only once. This initial round of selecting favorites will conclude on July 29 at 12:00:00 (noon) ET.
- The 4 entries receiving the most favorite votes will be named the finalists and will move on to the final reader vote where the grand prize winner will be determined. An International winner will also be determined at this time through reader favorite feedback.
- The top 4 finalists will then compete in a final round to determine the grand prize winner. Votes will be collected through 12:00:00 (noon) ET on July 31.
- A grand prize winner (the entry receiving the greatest number of votes during the final round) will be announced on August 1.
- Read the U.S. Rules or the International Rules for more information.
- The entry photos should feature a single kitchen transformation of any kind. The home containing the kitchen can be owned, rented or sublet. The home can be designed by a professional, weekend hobbyist or design enthusiast.
- Readers age 18 and up are invited to enter the contest and share their kitchen. Due to legal limitations, only U.S. residents are eligible to win the contest prizes. International readers are invited to submit entries for exhibition on the site but are not eligible to win the contest prizes.
- Once submitted, no contest entry may be changed, altered or enhanced.
- One entry per household. Only one Apartment Therapy/The Kitchn user account per person.
Submissions & Deadlines
- Submissions for the 2014 Small Cool Contest will be accepted beginning 7/7. The deadline for submitting an entry form for the contest is 7/21.
- Please do not submit photos that include people or watermarks as part of your entry.
- Make sure you complete all the required fields on the contest entry form.
- National prizes: The 4 Finalists will each receive: $1000 gift card from Dot & Bo. The Grand Prize Winner will receive an additional $1000 gift card.
- The International favorite will receive a signed book by Apartment Therapy's founder Maxwell Ryan.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are submissions due for The Big Reveal 2014 Contest?
All entries are due by 7/21/14 by 12:00:00 (noon) ET.
What kind of kitchen projects are eligible for The Big Reveal?
Any kind of kitchen project — from a DIY project to a full-scale professional renovation — is welcome. As long as the entry begins with a clear before photo of the space, and finishes with an after photo following completion of the project, it is eligible.
I received confirmation that you received my entry. So why wasn't my entry posted?
Our system does not automatically post entries as they are submitted. Our team selects the best entries to post. Not all submissions may be posted due to space limitations and it is up to The Kitchn to post the strongest submissions.
How are finalists/winners chosen?
Finalists and the International favorite are chosen through a reader favoriting process. A final reader vote will determine the grand prize winner.
My home was previously featured on The Kitchn or Apartment Therapy — am I still eligible to enter The Big Reveal 2014 Contest?
Yes, readers who have previously shared their homes with the community are eligible.
I am getting the 'Too many users at this IP have voted for/favorited this' error message when I try to vote. I am voting from a shared computer network (e.g., a workplace or school) — what can I do to make sure my vote is recorded?
We limit the number of votes that are recorded from a single IP address to prevent attempts at voting multiple times by a single person, which is disallowed by our rules, against the spirit of the contest and, unfortunately, common. It is difficult for us to verify the rare case where many votes from the same IP address are legitimate. To ensure your vote gets counted, we recommend you sign in from a computer on a different network (for example, at home) to vote.
Still have questions?
If you need help or have more questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments have been disabled.