• Eat for Eight Bucks: Best-Ever Salad for Leftover Meats - Roasted tomatoes, caramelized onions, roast chicken, and yum.
• Serious Green: 6 Rules of a Good Farmers' Market - A great list. How does your market stack up?
• Five Things to Do with an Entenmann's All Butter Loaf Cake - From fondue to toast, five ways to respectably use a loaf cake up.
• Mario Batali's Jarred Pasta Sauces - We are skeptical of celebrity-branded food, and so are the Serious Eats folks, but this review may surprise you.
• Dinner Tonight: Alice Waters's Carrot Soup - Summery, sweet, and soothing.
Previous Good Eats: How To Cook Dinner In Your Hotel Room
(Image: Michele Humes for Serious Eats)