Got yourself some new neighbors? (Or maybe you're about to get some? Those for-sale houses in your development are probably going to be scooped up sometime during the summer before the school year starts!) Yay!
Give them a proper welcome by bringing them a well-thought-out gift box that shows just how sweet you — and the rest of the community — can be!
New Neighbor Welcome Box: Good Things to Include
- Fresh flowers (from the supermarket or maybe even something from a nearby nursery, which your new neighbors could eventually plant in their yard)
- Champagne or wine
- A gift card to a local grocery story
- A cute tea towel for their new kitchen
- Locally made chocolates, cookies, or sweets
- A handwritten welcome note
- Homemade granola
- Banana bread
- Grounds or beans from a local coffee shop
- An address book (with your info already filled out)
- Menus to your favorite takeout places
Load up the basket (consider filling a cute one that your neighbors can reuse in their home once they're done unpacking) and either bring it over the next time you see them outside or just leave it on their doorstep with a note saying that you didn't want to intrude but that you're looking forward to meeting them. Of course, this is also when you can offer to help if they ever need anything.
- You can include as much or as few of these items as you'd like. You can even team up with another neighbor to build the basket and bring it over together.
- You may want to be sensitive to allergies (to nuts, gluten, etc.).
- Consider the timing: You don't want to go marching over when you see them unloading a giant truck (unless you're offering to help!) and you obviously shouldn't go over too late at night.
What have you done to welcome new neighbors?