We are a bunch of eaters on the go — not only during the busy holiday travel season, but also during the rest of the year as we rushing off to classes, meetings, and who knows what else. Our schedules don't have to mean resorting to take-out or scarfing handfuls of trail mix every day. Here are all our best recipes from 2012 that can be made ahead, packed up, and eaten on your schedule.
All of these recipes will be fine out of the fridge for a few hours and don't need to be reheated. Pack the salads in lightweight containers and don't forget a fork!
• 6 Coconut Mango Oat Muffins
• 7 Roasted Curried Chickpeas with Rosemary and Thyme
• 8 Almond and Coconut Granola
• 9 Turkey Wraps with Honey Mustard Dip
• 10 English Muffins with Apricot Preserves and Feta Spread
• 11 Spiced Lentil, Sweet Potato, and Kale Whole Wheat Pita Pockets
• 12 Sesame Ginger Soy Curls with Napa Cabbage Salad
• 13 Stuffed Grape Leaves with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
• 14 Chickpea Pita Pockets with Minted Yogurt
• 15 Zesty Tortellini Salad
• 11 Boiled Egg, Seared Asparagus, and Pickled Onion Sandwich
• 12 Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps with Caramelized Onions and Pesto
• 13 One-Bowl Mung Bean Meal
• 14 Spicy Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce
• 15 Golden Quinoa Salad with Lemon, Dill, and Avocado
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)