Sometimes the most realistic way to get a big bowl of salad on the dinner table is to opt for convenience (read: a pre-made bag of salad). And once again, Trader Joe's is the answer to our veggie-filled prayers.
In the produce section you'll find TJ's selection of complete salads. There are quite a few options — all featuring blends of various greens with assorted toppings and a packet of dressing to match. No matter what's on your meal plan, Trader Joe's has a salad kit that'll go with it.
Here are six of our favorites.
- Southwestern Chopped Salad, $3 for 13.6 ounces: Whether it's Taco Tuesday or not, this salad, mixed with crunchy greens, root veggies, pepitas, cotjia cheese, and a spicy avocado dressing (which is even better than it sounds), is always a good bet. We even have a great way to turn this salad into a $2 lunch.
- Tropical Mango Complete Salad, $4.50 for 14 ounces: If you want summer to last forever, this salad kit is for you. It's got a vibrant blend of colors, flavors, and textures, thanks to a mix of baby greens, shredded red cabbage, and carrots, mixed with a medley of cashews, dried mango, and toasted coconut. The mango-tamarind-cashew dressing is the best part.
- Broccoli and Kale Slaw, $3 for 11 ounces: Tired of boring kale salads? This kit is little jazzier. It's a kale-meets-slaw blend that combines the namesake ingredients with radicchio. There's a separate bag of chewy dried fruit and crunchy nuts and seeds, plus a packet of irresistible tangy dressing ties it all together.
- Baby Spinach Complete Salad, $4.50 for 14 ounces: From the raspberry vinaigrette and pungent blue cheese to the chewy dried cranberries and candied pecans, this kit has everything you want in a good spinach and berry salad. Plus, it goes with just about everything.
- Kale and Hemp Seed Complete Salad, $4.50 for 13 ounces: We love this salad because the baby kale base makes us feel like we're doing something good. Meanwhile, we're really in it for the sweet dates, crunchy almonds, salty Parmesan, and that package of wonderfully citrusy lemon dressing.
- Harvest Blend Complete Salad, $4.50 for 14 ounces: In case pumpkin spice isn't getting you excited enough for the cooler weather, this salad, which is basically fall in a bag, should do the trick. Baby greens and shredded broccoli and cauliflower stems are partnered pumpkin cornbread croutons, crunchy pumpkin seeds, and a sweet and tangy pumpkin vinaigrette.
More Trader Joe's Shopping Stories
What's your favorite Trader Joe's ready-made salad?