What: An original ice cream recipe contest
When: The deadline for submissions is Monday, August 18.
Prizes: Provided by Sur La Table
Deadline for our Best Lick! 2008 Ice Cream Contest is tonight!
Two years ago we ran our Best Lick! Ice Cream Contest, and it was a huge hit. Many of you sent in incredible recipes for delicious ice cream. Well, this year it's back on, with even better prizes and a bigger audience. Want to compete in our ice cream contest and collect a lot of delicious recipes along the way? Read on!
Sur La Table
is graciously providing prizes for this contest, and they're great!
First Place Prize
One first place winner will receive:
• $200 Gift Certificate to Sur La Table
• A set of Fran's Dessert Sauces
• iSi Aluminum Cream Whipper
Two Runners Up
Each will receive:
• $100 gift certificate to Sur La Table
• A set of Fran's Dessert Sauces
• Set of Anodized Aluminum Ice Cream Bowls
What You Need to Enter
• Creativity and a good idea!
• One original recipe for ice cream - this needs to be something you dreamed up!
• One photo of you making it (no faces necessary)
• Two photos of the final ice cream
• A brief summary of your inspiration for this ice cream
• One quote from someone who tasted it
Recipes and Photography: Watch for tips on Tuesday on how to write a recipe. Photos need to be no more than 800 pixels wide. They also need to be well-lit and good-looking. Please see our tips here for taking better food photos.
Selection: In case of a huge abundance of submissions, the AT: The Kitchn team will select the best. The best recipes will be posted for all to try at home. Then we'll vote. Winners will be chosen by reader voting.
Ties: In case of an exact tie in reader voting, AT: The Kitchn editors will hold a second round of run-off voting between the tied contestants.
• Entries due by MONDAY AUGUST 18th, 2008, at 11:59PM EST.
• The Kitchn editors will review submissions as they come in.
• The Kitchn will post entries beginning on or before TUESDAY AUGUST 19th.
• Each submission will be open for voting for THREE days.
• Entries will be posted each weekday until TUESDAY, AUGUST 26.
• Winners will be officially announced on FRIDAY, AUGUST 29.
How to Enter
Entry is now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered! Look for their delicious entries over the next few days.
Please, only one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be discarded. Make sure the email address in your Apartment Therapy registration is valid; that's how we'll contact you if you win. If you haven't registered yet, please join us here: welcome to our community & create an account.
Winners must claim their prize within three business days after the date of notification of such prize. A winner's failure to respond to the prize notification within the specified three business days will be considered such winner's forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. If an entrant is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may also be selected from the pool of eligible entries.
To enter, you must be a U.S. resident, age 18 or older to enter. Employees, partners and vendors of Apartment Therapy, Sur La Table, and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter. We will disqualify any entries that we believe are generated by scripts and other automated technology. When applicable, the winner may be required to execute and return within five business days an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release to be eligible for the prize or an alternate winner will be selected.
All prizes will be awarded. No substitutions including for cash are permitted, except that Apartment Therapy reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any prize. Winners shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state and local taxes on the value of their prize. To receive a complete list of winners or a copy of the Ice Cream Contest Offical Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Apartment Therapy, 22 Howard Street #4i, New York, NY 10013.
(Images: Sur La Table and Faith Hopler. Cocoa ice cream recipe can be found here.)