Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week, learn the science of avocados (and how to make the best guacamole), go vegan with a super tasty high-protein breakfast, and learn how to brew your own mead. Read on for these recipes and more from Serious Eats!
• White Bean and Mint Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette - Fresh herbs and citrus turn a can of white cannellini beans into a satisfying meal.
• In a Pickle: Pickled Kumquats - Who knew pickled kumquats were so versatile? Slightly sweet and spicy, use them on salads, cakes, or make marmalade.
• Vegan: Chilaquiles with Pepitas, Charred Corn, and Black Beans - Pumpkin seeds, avocado, and black beans make this a healthy, high-protein breakfast.
• The Food Lab: The Best Guacamole (and the Science of Avocados) - Find out everything you ever wanted to know about avocados, including how to make the best guacamole. (Hint: it's simple!)
• How To Make Mead - Mead is an ancient beverage made from just honey, water, and yeast, and it's super easy to brew.
Previous Good Eats: Spicy Ginger Lentil Soup and 10 Zesty Orange Dessert Recipes
(Image: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt/Serious Eats)